Banner Image

Ocular Boards

Announcement

Ocular Boards 2.0 Update 1.1.1 out now!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Ocular Boards » Cringe General » Speedrunning

Speedrunning

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

The speedrunning community is full of nerds, loveless faggots, betrayal, overthinkers, nerds, people who do the same thing over and over like an insane patient in hopes of a tiny difference, did I say nerds? yeah, nerds, nerds with useless knowledge. Along with men who have extremely high and annoying voices, which is extremely rich coming from me right?

Anyways yeah, theres alot of drama in the speedrun community. I might edit this later on when I feel up to wasting more time talking about stupid speedrunners.

What do you guys think about the speedrunning community? Any stories you'd like to share?

I don't really care that much about the speedrunning community, I do find speedrunning pointless though. I prefer to go a slow pace

Last edited by SackChan (2017-04-14 11:27:32)

+1

I just like speedrunning games and doing glitches. Nothing bad has happened to me in the community.

SackChan wrote:

I don't really care that much about the speedrunning community, I do find speedrunning pointless though. I prefer to go a slow pace

Last edited by SackChan (Today 11:27:32)

Speedrunning is extremely pointless and only nerds find real, religious joy in it.

+1

It bugs me because I try to finish a game while doing everything possible to really get the idea that I've completed it. It took me ages to beat Pokemon Platinum's post game, but it felt so good knowing that I actually completed it. It's interesting to see it in games that don't have much content within them or after the main story is finished (i.e old Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Metroid, etc.), but in games like, say-- once again, Pokemon, Chronotrigger, or Final Fantasy, it just hurts to see that they're speeding  by everything that's there to see and do.

+1

Speedrunning sucks. It really is pointless

chuferoni wrote:

It bugs me because I try to finish a game while doing everything possible to really get the idea that I've completed it. It took me ages to beat Pokemon Platinum's post game, but it felt so good knowing that I actually completed it. It's interesting to see it in games that don't have much content within them or after the main story is finished (i.e old Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Metroid, etc.), but in games like, say-- once again, Pokemon, Chronotrigger, or Final Fantasy, it just hurts to see that they're speeding  by everything that's there to see and do.

I like to assume they saw the games content before they started running, I do get what your saying though.

AlexDude74 wrote:

Speedrunning sucks. It really is pointless

Yeah, if speedrunners get a game and then submit their first playthrough and call it an "any % speedrun", you didn't even play the game.

You are here » Ocular Boards » Cringe General » Speedrunning